Some readers prefer to have their client in the room with them for the reading. Some want the client to do the final cut of cards. I prefer doing email readings because I don’t want to be influenced by the client’s body language and reactions to the cards or what they hear. This also allows me to do a reading when this world is quiet and the universe may best be heard; often in the middle of the night here. More information on my spiritual background and experience is on my Biography page.
My reading ritual is minimalist; lighting a stick of incense and a candle as I recite your question a few times. Before this I’ve selected a ‘spread’ (card layout) that fits the question and placed a few crystals to suit that spread. Once the cards are laid out I record them on paper along with initial reactions and obvious connections to the question. Taking a moment to look at the entire spread I make note of which suit(s) have the most cards and any other significant correlations. From these notes I prepare the final reading notes which will be sent to you as a .pdf file.
As pictured here, I have various designs of the traditional 78 card pack, as well as some First Nations-based decks.
Top Row, L to R: Sacred Rose; Medieval Scapini; Aquarian; Morgan-Greer.
Bottom Row: Sacred Path Cards; Medicine Cards; Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards.
Requested donations** for various card readings:
Concise Reading US$15.00
This will focus on a single question or situation- readings generally use 3 to 5 cards in a single spread.
Classic Reading US$30.00
A question about a broader situation or time-frame; with up to three specific questions. May include a single spread with up to 8 cards, or multiple smaller threads, depending on your question(s).
Complex Reading US$60.00
Using 10+ cards; may include cards from an additional deck for clarity.
About Your Reading
- ‘Yes/No’ questions are rarely answered directly; Tarot tends to reveal undercurrents or signals being ignored. Issues of personal growth are more suited to a card reading;
- Queries of ‘when’ or ‘should’ or ‘will’ you do or get something are generally met with input on hidden meanings, significance, or potential lesson of your current situation or spiritual growth;
- The ‘spread’ (card layout) I use will vary with your question and the amount of your donation;
- My ‘standard tarot deck’ is Morgan-Greer– I may decide to use one of my other decks;
- Please include your name, email address and your question on the Paypal Comments section (Donate Link) with your donation;
- Add my email address (briangryphon [at] yahoo [dot] com) to your address book or safe list to avoid messages being filtered out;
- As I do readings with an actual deck of cards (not a software package, app or by flipping through a book) it may take up to 4 days to receive your reading notes.
** Important Terms and Conditions
Tarot: Introduction | Tarot Readings | Card Spreads | Tarot Shop | Tarot Terms