My current obsession is creating Kaleidoscope Prints from my original photography and graphic design. As of May 2018 I have over three dozen available for sale at my Kaleidoscope and TeddyBear Tears Galleries. Each one is available on canvas, acrylic, metal, wood, and select fine art papers up to 48″ (depending on material and frame selections).
Most of the base images were created here in Columbus, OH. The kaleidoscopes based on floral images are not really tied to a location; here are nine images specific to Columbus. The connexion is not always obvious unless you have a large print that shows specific details. Here are the current images, and a description of the photograph it’s spun from:
- Firehall 2315 A newer Fire Station in Franklinton;
- City Lights 1649 One of the newer bridges across the Scioto River, downtown;
- Shoefly 13115 Old sneakers hanging around The Bottoms;
- Wood & Metal 10338 A reconstruction of the Santa Maria;
- Nightlife 1724 Advertising above the streets of downtown Columbus;
- Nightlife 1316 A large ‘art installation’ at a government building downtown.
- Fenestration 1104 Not the inside of a great dome; a row of window bays on a west-side Columbus street.
- Hidden CathedralMy photograph of a pedestrian bridge in downtown Columbus, OH at night.
- Violet Steel 2367 My B&W photo of a steel bridge under-carriage colourized and spun into a kaleidoscope.